Top Tips for Shopping Smart at Sale Time.
It’s Sale Time……On Your Marks Get Set…. GO!
The High street has had a disappointing time with low sales figures and we all know what to blame for that, just look out for the window for the culprit. Desperate to prise our cash out of our pockets into theirs, the sales are on with a vengeance.
This is a time to hold your metal and do your homework. If its on sale it must be a bargain…Right? Well, that all depends. Here is your rule of thumb guide for shopping smart.
- If your’e a size 6,8,18 you may be in luck, if you’re a size 10 or 12, not so much. There tends to be a plethora of sizes at each end of the scale left after the average sizes have long gone.
- The summer stock rails are yawning with itsy bitsy bikinis kaftans, shorts etc so if you’ve got a holiday booked, now’s the time you could really clean up. Go…Now!
- If it’s a staycation for you, consider carefully what your wardrobe requires and make that all important list. You can always break the rule if it’s a staple that you need…
- Some garments may just not work for some reason or another. No it’s not you, It could be the cut is awful, fabric too flimsy,bulky, see through, awful colour/pattern, impossible to wear with a bra, trend-led and over….get my drift, the list could be endless.
- Simply overstocked, too many….Thats good or it could be bad. The rule here is; It all depends on whether its a quality item in a neutral colour or The Cos stripe dress Lorraine Kelly wore on her breakfast show….Decide accordingly!
- Go into shops that are normally out for your comfort zone price wise. You may just clinch that high end garment at a fraction of its usual price.
- Let your fingers do the walking, research on websites wherever possible before hitting the shops.
- Be prepared to look at making minor repairs and negotiate a further reduction wherever possible.
Let me know if my rules help you this summer……